I shoot on film and when I find some frames I like I post them here
I also shoot medium format - blada-bling.tumblr.com
E: 35mm.photo.bureau@gmail.com

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Olympus XA Series: Mini Masterpieces





It's the backup camera of choice for any serious film photographer and it's called the camera that professional photographers used to carry when on vacation. The combination of clam shell design, styling and optics are considered to make the XA series a masterpiece of industrial design. It really does take great pictures and has a cult following on the web - www.diaxa.com is a good starting point, then check out Ken Rockwell's review and the Flickr group. I came across an XA2 recently in a charity shop and picked it up for £25. Here are a few shots on Kodak E100VS taken in a range of very different conditions - it's an awesome point and shoot camera and it's always in my pocket when I am out and about.